Up on a ferris wheel

dream a little dream come true

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Trying to be on a positive note

I haven’t written for a long time. More than a year!

I have been wondering how quality exposure to music can affect a child’s development and how it influences one all the way into and through adulthood.

This is to answer the question whether I should “invest” in a quality music education for my 20-month-daugther in future.

Many will agree that training in music can make a child smarter. Does that mean the child’s calibre to learn is higher than those who have not been exposed to quality music training?
Does that initial advantage transcends to adulthood?

I have been pondering and analyzing all the friends I have who have a grade 8 in piano or other high achievement in music.

For instance,

Prissie -- Mid 20s. Piano grade 8. Plays percussion instruments for 4 years.
She’s much more creative than the average person about her age. She just manages to think out of the box when others can’t.

I have been wondering if her creativity is attributed to her training in music when she was young.

I am just lacking in the creativity department.

What I do to make up for it is to search for resources and adapt from them.

If this were a GP essay to answer the questions I have initially posed, I would have flunked badly. I didn’t answer my questions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home