Up on a ferris wheel

dream a little dream come true

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

There are a couple of things I like about living in Japan.

The toilets and smoking culture. :)

Almost all the toilets I have been to are clean. The kind you feel good using. The thing is, I don't even see a cleaner on standby for cleaning. I attribute this to the Japanese's good habits.

The toilets in the hotels come with seat warmers! So you can sit on a warm toilet seat any time of the day in winter. It feels good. The toilet bowl comes with functions that can allow you to wash up after peeing or pooing. One for washing the anus area another for the private part. Pardon me for the details. You can adust the water pressure to your liking.

Then smoking. They have vending machines hawking numerous brands of cigarettes. The guide says Japanese have one of the highest rate of smokers. But I didn't have to suffer from inhaling smoke almost everywhere I went to. I was puzzled. Then was told that there are designated areas for smoking, so almost all the smokers abide by the laws and smoke only where they can. This is so in contrast with a particular country where people smoke even in their air conditioned airports.

Oh.. and they clear up themselves after eating. :)

It's one matter to have the respective LAWS in place.. but another to have the majority abide by them.

I do have quite a lot of fond memories of my trip after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home